Monday, April 23, 2012

Complain, Complain, Complain!


SCLOVETALES
In an economy like this, that last thing I want to hear anyone do at work is complain! There are so many folks out of work, dying for that employer to call them back and say, “You’ve got the job”. Yet as I go to work every day, all I hear are the people around me complaining. After being out of work for about 4 months in 2006, I have learned to cherish each day on the job. No matter where you work, no matter what you do, you’re always going to come across someone that is always complaining and never satisfied. They will complain about the boss, other office workers, about the work (too much), clients, etc. My usual response is “tell it to the folks who are at home on the computer applying to job after job every day, to no avail”.  Yes, there are things that I don’t like about my job and yes, there are people that I don’t like at my job, but what good will it do me to complain constantly? I have learned to push forward and complete the irritable tasks so that I can remove them from my daily task list. And I’ve learned the art of ignoring ignorant people at work. I’m only at work for 7 hours so I try not to bring any of the aggravation home with me. I deal with what I need to in the office and when I go home, it’s all about my family. Folks need to learn to be grateful for what they've got (a j-o-b) before it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment