Monday, April 23, 2012

Keep Your Germs


SCLOVETALES
One of my biggest pet peeve about the office environment is germs. I’m a firm believer that if you’re sick, then you should stay home. What good can come from you spreading your germs throughout the office? If you have things that need to be done, then find some way to work from home. Sickness is the whole reason for having sick days. It’s unfair and inconsiderate to expose the office staff to germs especially when you don’t know their situations. For example, I’m a mom of two small children. The last thing I want to do is to catch a cold and then bring it home to my little ones and hubby. If my kids gave me a cold, I’m going to stay home with my germs until I can get better. But sometimes you have office staff that might be more susceptible or they have family members that might be more susceptible to the germs brought home, like the elderly or newborn babies. I know some folks will probably roll their eyes at this but don’t take offense when someone shows up to staff meeting with a face mask on and Lysol in hand. Honestly, it’s hard enough to get myself and two kids out of the house much less to deal with them when I have a cold, so if possible, I would rather just avoid the illness all together. I think a lot of people do it for sympathy and because they fall into that hero syndrome. “See how much of a great worker I am, I came in even though I’m knocking on death’s door”. Uh uh….you might fall through death’s door if you don’t sit down and rest up. So the next time you’re sick and you decide that you want to be a hero and head to the office, think again. You might not get the warmest welcome from the office staff. 
SCLOVETALES

No comments:

Post a Comment