Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I LOVE Kashi Cookies

So lately I have felt the need to increase my fiber intake.  You now as we get older we have to start eating healthier and taking better care of our bodies.  So I did a Google search for all food with lots of fiber.  I came up with the following: Beans, Whole Grains (whole wheat breads, pasta, etc.), Brown Rice, Popcorn (YAY), Nuts (almonds, pecans and walnuts), Baked potato with skin, Berries (including the seeds and skin), and Bran cereal.  Well, my immediate reaction wasn't to run out and buy some bran cereal!  YUCK!  I, of course, picked out the fun stuff like popcorn and berries.  After my Foodie post on Kettle corn, you now know that's is my THING.
Well you would be surprised to know that it has 3 grams of fiber.  I just can't seem to get enough.  Also, I've been blending smoothies lately as well.  My recipe - frozen blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries yogurt (any kind), and fruit juice (any kind).  Blend them all together and WA-la - Frozen Berry Smoothie!  It will have lots of seeds but as previously noted above, they're good for you...that's where the fiber is.  So one of the absolute best finds I must say that has lots of fiber are Kashi products, particularly Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies!  I stumbled across them in the Christmas Tree Shops in Cherry Hill, NJ.  I saw that they had 4 grams of fiber and I took a chance on a huge box.  They contained two of my favorite things - Chocolate and Oatmeal.  So when I initially tasted them, I wasn't too impressed but I must say as I continued to eat them, the taste started to grow on me.  I began to notice the nuts and the chocolate a lot more.  So between the kettle corn, Kashi cookies and my smoothies, I have been meeting and over exceeding my fiber requirements daily.  I've also been increasing my green vegetables, water intake and more fruits.  Gotta take care of this body if I want to grow old gracefully!  Until my next adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment