Friday, October 31, 2014

Has Your Marriage Changed Since You've had Children?

Marriage changes a lot of things. You're literally going from one world to another! It changes you as a person.  It changes how you view certain scenarios.  It changes how others view you and your spouse.  It takes a bit of getting used to which is why I tend to advise newlyweds to wait at least a year before having children.  Honestly, if I had gotten married at a younger age, I might have waited two to three years before having children. A part of me feels like one year wasn't enough time to enjoy being married.  It wasn't enough time to give each other that undivided attention that takes forever to get back once children come into the picture.  Neither here nor there, we make decisions and figure out ways to adapt.  Once the babies are here, we can't send them back!  So we try to squeeze in things like date nights, couples nights, weekend getaways, couples vacations and couples staycations whenever we can in order to keep that connection going with our spouses. I can absolutely say that my marriage has changed since my little ones came along but if anything, it changed for the better!  After 8 years, my husband and I have grown so much and learned so much about ourselves.  We've gotten through so many challenges, disappointments and accomplishments all while taking care of ourselves as well as our children.  We've learned what we are most passionate about, how to balance our lives and how to set priorities.  All this while creating life, maintaining it and making memories.  In what ways have children changed your marriage? Check out the article below and see if it reflects any of your changes.

5 Ways Having Kids Has Changed My Marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment