Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Mama, My Best Friend!


Is your mom your best friend?  I remember a time when I couldn't stand my mother! It's amazing how time changes our relationships.  Now that I've grown up, gotten married and become a mom to my own children, my mom has become one of my closest confidants. I can see things much differently now than I did when I was 15 and 20. I always thought my mom was out to distract or prohibit me from anything that involved fun or a good time.  But now I realize that she was always looking out for my best interests.  The difference with her form of parenting and my form of parenting is that when she said "no", she never gave a reason why.  I am a firm believer that children learn more when they can understand why we are saying no.  They may not fully understand but I know that with my daughter, she is sharp enough to catch on to why I tell her to look both ways for cars before crossing the street.  I have explained to her time and time again that children need to be aware of their surroundings. As she grows it becomes more apparent that she actually listens to her mama!  So CHEERS to all the moms who are always looking out for our best interests and and who eventually become their daughter's best friend.

Check out this awesome article that spoke to me as a mom.  Reasons #2,4,8,9,11 and 15 in particular totally emulate similar qualities of my mom:

22 Reasons Why Your Mom Was Your First Friend, And Will Be Your Best Friend For Life

No comments:

Post a Comment