Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Spiritual Love



As a working wife and mom, I'm reminded each day how important it is to say and show love to myself and the people closest to me.  As a child, I was shown love but hardly ever heard the words "I love you".  Now that I have a husband and children of my own, I make sure to say these words every opportunity I get.  Seeing and hearing love is equally as important.  I knew my parents loved me by the sacrifices that they made for me but not hearing that I was loved somehow affected my self-esteem and left me somewhat insecure for a portion of my life. 

  
Nevertheless, spiritual love came into play for me.  As I got older, I established my relationship with God and began to dig deeper and deeper into this thing called Love.  The bible speaks about various types of love. 

   It speaks about how God loves us: John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the  world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

   It describes how love should be represented: I Corinthians 13:4-8 says, "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends."

   It examines self love (why we should love ourselves): Psalms 139:14 says, "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

   It reveals how we are to love God, our family and friends: Matthew 22:37-39 says, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

   These bible verses have guided me on my journey to loving the person that I am inside and out.  They guide me in my marriage, as a parent, as a christian, as a daughter, sister, cousin, and friend.  I have no problems showing love to my daughter, son, husband, mother, father, brothers or friends.  My heart is open to giving and receiving love.  Even when love is not reciprocated, I am in a mindset that showing and spreading love is never in vain.
   I invite you to open your heart and embrace all that love has to offer.  If you are of the Christian faith or are interested in learning more about this faith and more about love, recite these bible verses, apply them in your daily lives and you'll see a significant difference in your relationships, your self-esteem, and your spirituality. By positively adjusting your perception of love, this will enhance your inner and outer beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment